Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gothic Gardens and Alien Invasions

So, I'm thinking...what do vampires and goths have in their gardens?

Wouldn't vampires want something that they could either enjoy at night, or would catch them some lunch?

Raglan Shire is having its birthday month shortly, and the theme is Sci Fi.  I was swirling science fiction notions around in me noggin, and had the thought, "hey--some Halloween and alien concepts aren't really that far apart."

So I'd already messed around a bit with gothic guardian mushrooms that swivel to watch you with asymetrically blinking eyes (though my mushrooms look a bit more Looney Tunes than The Thing From Outer Space), and ditto some eyes, some quite huge, that blink and swivel around to track you.  Tentacle plants?  I have some extremely angry looking plants with growly faces, I suppose I could socket the creepy eyes into the angry plants.  Swivelling guardian gargoyles are not something I've found low prim solutions to yet.

Maybe skull plants.  Or rock gardens with skulls instead of rocks, the plants could use former victims as compost....

No comments:

Post a Comment